Week 3 - Onwards & Upwards

16/01/12 - Core Workout

Simple and easy core workout today, keep it quick and enough to build up a sweat. Its the first core session back and I really enjoyed it. I knew I had to kick start my core muscles for the first session back and I definitely could feel them the following days.


Session Details

2 Reps

2 x 25 standard sit up
2 x 15 sec plank
2 x 15 hip raises
2 x 20 reverse sit up
2 x 30 knee raise sit up

17/01/12 - Cold Sea Front Run


It was an ideal for running, no rain, no wind, just a chill in the air, but that soon went after the first mile. I am keen to get the mileage back in my legs, so this run was ideal, no rush just a simple run. It was a flat out and back run, I turned on the 30 minute mark and came back to the car. I really enjoyed this session, and I know its building back my base layer stamina which is only a good thing for me going forward.

The pavement was all mine, like a ghost town but that was great as it helped me complete an average mile pace of 8.32, which is a bit of my best pace but a step in the right direction.


Even though I took the run easy I still managed to get my heart rate to max out at 200 beat per minute, I haven't seen my heart rate this high for a good few months, so the 4 weeks off training has definitely impacted my work rate.




Session Details
Duration 00 57 29
Distance 6.74 Miles
Calories 953
Average HR 166 BPM
Max HR 200 BPM
Average Pace 8.32
Best Pace 7.12


18/01/12 - Rest Day

19/01/12 - Core Workout

Guess what its cold and wet outside and I wasn't in the mood for manning up, so I got out the gym mat and did come core stability training. It was the same set as Monday at a high intensity and low recovery times.

Session Details

2 Reps

2 x 25 standard sit up
2 x 15 sec plank
2 x 15 hip raises
2 x 20 reverse sit up
2 x 30 knee raise sit up


20/01/12 - Rest Day

21/01/12 - Park Run



I needed to get some more running in the legs this week, and after the successful run on Tuesday I was keen to get out. I was lucky enough to be joined by my wife and son on this route, and I really enjoyed seeing the pram out in action.

I am finding the hill sessions very hard at the moment and I feel im going very slowly up hill, but no pain no gain. I can feel my legs are heavy and my lung are burning, I have missed that feeling and I can only think the 4 weeks I had off for the birth of my son have push my fitness back to the stone age.

I managed to chase down my wife and pram on my second lap of the park, so I decided to race them home, As I was doing a slow session, I decided to jog along side the pram for a little bit to see how everyone one so this is why the times in the session are a little slow. I averaged out at 10 minute mile pace. I used to do this park session at 8 minute mile pace so I've got along way to go to get there. Roll on Week 4,


Session Details
Duration 00 38 44
Distance 3.85 Miles
Calories 537
Average HR 169 BPM
Max HR 183 BPM
Average Pace 9.38
Best Pace 5.24

22/01/12 - Rest Day

Week 3 Totals
Cycling - 0 Miles
Running -  12.59 Miles
Swimming - 0 Meters

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...