Week 24 - Take It Easy

11/06/12 - Rest Day

12/06/12 - Swansea Bay 5km


This was the second race of the Swansea bay 5km series, I had a previous time of 20.46, but I had a feeling that I wasn't going to beat it. It was similar conditions as the previous run, but I felt tired in the legs even though I had a rest day the day previous to the race.

When I hit the last 400 meters I felt a tightness in the top of my leg, so I eased off and my lungs were so happy for it as the burn was getting worse.

My work rate throughout the 5km stayed the same as the previous race average heart was 181 BPM, and I went straight into zone 5 and stayed there till the finish line.

At the finish line I looked at my watch to see I was 22 seconds slower than the previous month, but I have been working on endurance and not speed for the past 15 weeks so I'm not going to complain.. too much!


Session Details

Duration 00 21 08
Distance 3.15 Miles
Average HR 181 BPM
Max HR 191 BPM
Average Pace 6.43
Best Pace 5.57
Calories 442

13/06/12 - Interval Spin (Spin Session)

Easy spin session for 60 minutes, averaging speed of 19 MPH and clocking in a 20 minute effort in the hour. Standard session of 10 minutes in saddle, 10 minutes out. Since brining in the bike shoes so I can clip into the peddles I have notced that im geting more power and working at a higher resistance on the spin bike.

Its a great session and its definitely helped me progress to the next level on the bike, I hope this rolls into my race session.

Session Details

Duration 01 00 00
Distance 20 Miles
Average HR 118 BPM
Max HR 151 BPM

14/06/12 - Rest Day

15/06/12 - Brick Session (Spin / Run)



This was a hard brick session, the bike was a 10 minutes recovery, 20 minutes standing out the saddle, I worked pretty hard in this session, and my legs were burning, about 16 minutes into the 2 sets so the last 4 minutes was a new level of pain for me on the bike.

The second part of the brick was a simple 30 minutes run, at a pace of 8.34 minute mile pace.

Session Details

Duration 01 31 30
Distance 23.50  Miles (20 Miles Bike & 3.5 Miles Run)
Average HR 178 BPM
Max HR 193 BPM
Average Pace7.12
Best Pace 5.38
Calories 883


16/06/12 - Rest Day

17/06/12 - Llanelli 10km


As this was another club race, I was keen for some points, plus it was the last time I get to test my legs on a hard session before the half ironman on Cotswolds (Cotswolds113).

The run was a nice flat course, into a slight head win, but thankfully the sun was out so you stayed warm on the run, some of the runners even go sun burnt, which was amazing considering the summer we are having!.


Everything felt good on the run, I had a lovely support team from my wife and son, and some Celtic Tri people  not racing so it was great to have a little cheer on mile 5 and for the finish line.


I managed to keep a 7.15 minute mile pace which was brilliant considering I've been training for endurance and not speed, It was nice to get into a new training zone and blow some cob webs away. I manage to stay in zone 5 again for the wholes session, just like Tuesday 5km race, averaging out at 177 BPM.


This is a really nice race, if the weather holds out, and I think I'll definitely give it ago next year to see where I am with a fitness level comparing exercise.






Session Details

Duration 00 45 08
Distance 6.24 Miles
Average HR 178 BPM
Max HR 193 BPM
Average Pace7.12
Best Pace 5.38
Calories 883

Week 24 Totals
Cycling - 40 Miles
Running - 12.89 Miles
Swimming - 0 Meters

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...