Week 9 - The Start

The first session has arrived and I'm really looking forward to my new training plan. I've decide to follow the Ironguides program, I wont go into to much detail in the plan otherwise people will just rip it off me and Ironguides wont make any money from my followers.

I completed the Cotswolds 113 last year and the plan I followed was a lot lighter than this, this plan takes me straight into building a routine and conditioning my body for the race.

I like it... I like it a lot...

On a downer, I seem to have lost my Garmin watch...

25/02/13 - Swim Session

A tough session to start with, I've been doing some of these the past month in and out of illness so I knew what was coming.


I cut the warm up and warm down as I knew I wouldn't have enough time to complete everything in time and it its the 1st week the plan went easy on me and only gave me half a full session.

2x100m easy
2x the following
16x25m
1st 3 EASY
4th ALL OUT
After the 25’s, swim 200m ALL OUT
4min REST
Repeat the above as indicated
2x 100m easy


Session Details
Duration 00:40:00
Distance 1600 meters
Average Stroke 15

26/02/13 - Turbo Session

A easy spin session, just a constant cycle for 45 minutes.

I love starter weeks

Session Details
Duration 00:45:00
Distance 9 Miles

27/02/13 - Turbo Session

Same as yesterday a 45 minute spin out on the bike, enough to get me sweating and keep the cadence and resistance high.

Still cant find my Garmin, hence the missing graphs and stats!

Session Details
Duration 00:45:00
Distance 9 Miles

28/02/13 - Brick Session

I do enjoy a brick session and its great to get one under my belt in the plan so quickly. A simple Swim run session so its forced me to join the local gym as I'm fed up of running in the cold/run/thunder/snow/hail/rain.

The pool was all mine unlike Mondays swim which was great. I don't have enough confidence yet to do tumble turns, maybe next week.

Session Details
Duration 00:41:00
Distance 1000 Meters
Distance 2.27 Miles

01/03/13 - Swim Session

Same session as Monday but I did a full warm up of 400 meters. I made sure I swam that little bit quicker to get it in, even thought my stroke is looking a right mess at the moment. I think I may look for some coaching for it.

4x100m easy
2x the following
16x25m
1st 3 EASY
4th ALL OUT
After the 25’s, swim 200m ALL OUT
4min REST
Repeat the above as indicated
2x 100m easy

Session Details
Duration 00:45:00
Distance 1800 meters
Average Stroke 14


02/03/13 - Run Session

I had found my Garmin, it was in my bag where I left it of course!

A quick 40 minute session on a flat course, I decided to run the street rather than the treadmill. It was cold, dark and scary I felt I was being followed and this made me run that little bit quicker. Not a good tactic for taking it easy.


After mile 3 I did take my foot off the gas and eased up for the last 2 miles, ad ambulance with its blues and two scared the living day lights out of me too. I thought I'm going to need that or a new pair of shorts.

Session Details
Duration 00:39:21
Distance 4.68 Miles
Calories 665
Average HR 162 BPM
Max HR 176 BPM
Average Pace 8.25
Best Pace 6.17

03/03/13 - Swim Session

Final session of the new plan and I've really enjoyed the new level of training required to get a decent time from last years race.

No pressure...



Swim session today same as Friday and once again in an empty pool.


4x100m easy
2x the following
16x25m
1st 3 EASY
4th ALL OUT
After the 25’s, swim 200m ALL OUT
4min REST
Repeat the above as indicated
2x 100m easy

Session Details
Duration 00:45:00
Distance 1800 meters
Average Stroke 14


Week 9 Totals
Swimming - 5900 Meters
Cycling - 18 Miles
Running - 6.95 Miles

Comments

  1. Tough swim sets, with not much variety

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GoHardOrGoHome...

      My arms hurt!

      Its only like this for the 1st 4 weeks...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...