Injury Update



As I thought my half ironman plans for 2013 are over...

I've had my MRI results and its a cross between good and bad news, as I haven't torn my meniscus, but I've got some cartilage damage and I've got a 9mm piece of bone loose and floating around in my knee joint. This 9mm piece of bone is catching my knee joint and its locking the knee in place. I'm also getting more pain now even though I'm not training which is bizarre.

Its been 11 weeks since I put a good training session in and I'm starting to get hungry again for training, which I was starting to loose after the house move.

I've got my operation planned in for the middle of August and worst case it could be 6 weeks with light weight barring for me and best case I'll be back driving within 7 days after the operation.

I'm tracking my current calorie intake so I don't gain weight while I'm not training, so I've gone on USN diet fuel which tastes great.

I'll report back soon which some more plans after my operation...

Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...