Still Going Strong...



The week was completed with 2 sessions again, but more importantly they were run sessions. I was so happy to get out there and get a run, after all the things that have happened to my knee in the past 40 weeks I was a great feeling.

It was cold so donned my hat and gloves combo and off out I went for a pitch black run... I like to add I looked like a Christmas tree with all my lights on. No one was going to miss me!

25/11/13 - Run Session

I knew no land speed records were going to be broken today, I just wanted to get out and get home without any tweaks, niggles or pains. It felt great, the cold air in my lungs, the open round in front of me (even though it was pitch black) I had my new running lights on and there was no stopping me. I stopped my mind playing tricks with me as there we no ghosts of zombies changing me I found my rhythm and off I went.

Session Details



28/11/12 - Run Session

Another dark nights run and I really enjoyed it, hat and gloves in tow and off I went. It was only a small 4km 2km out and back. From the start I could feel a little tweak in my knee but it soon went away after finding the rhythm. I get more pain running down hill currently as I'm changing the stride I suppose but my left quad muscle is taking a hammering as I feel I'm compensating my stride and landing more on my good leg as I'm worries about the pain.

Session Details


Its been a while sine I've done 2 runs in a week and I'm feeling pretty positive about the knee operation and the recovery. I'm still icing my knee after every session and keeping the ibuprofen to a minimum. I've been lucky enough to be sent some bars by USN to try out so I'll get trying them and blog about my experience on effectiveness.

Week Details
Duration : 00:46:58
Distance : 4.03km
Calories : 634


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...