Week 33 - A New Me

 13/08/12 - Rest Day

14/08/12 - Free Run (Tempo Run)

A change of diet and more planning in my eating I hope is going to give me a fresher feeling and and more "omph" when I need to get the training in. After being ill last week I need to get focus in my training and decide to commit to it, since the half Ironman I think I've lost my way a little, but it hasn't helped that I've been ill.

I wanted to make this a hard session and get into T4 straight away, it was poring with rain outside so this was another treadmill session.

I soon found my rhythm and got to a 8.5 minute mile pace and stayed there for the session after mile 1. My legs felt good and after given them a rest when I wasn't training last week gave me plenty of strengh to keep in the working zone.

I got my heart rate up to an average of 161 BPM which is middling for me so it was a highish intensity session, and I maxed out at 192 BPM for the final sprint to hit the 5.6 mile target.


My legs felt great after the session, so I think the break definitely helped, even though I was ill.

Session Details
Duration 00 47 31
Distance 5.60 Miles
Average HR 161 BPM
Max HR 192 BPM

15/08/12 - Spin Session



It was time for another "tell me what to do session" and the only choice has to be with Chrissy, so Ride Harder 1 was blasted out in my headphones to motivate me, and I can honestly say I haven't worked this hard since Cotswolds 113 training. I dont know if its down to the new eating or just because I've got some "mojo" back in my training?

The session follows a standard Pyramid just like this.


Warm Up
1 min HARD
1 min RECOVERY
2 min HARD
1 min RECOVERY
3 min HARD
1 min RECOVERY
4 min HARD
1 min RECOVERY
5 min HARD
1 min RECOVERY
4 min HARD
1 min RECOVERY
3 min HARD
1 min RECOVERY
2 min HARD
1 min RECOVERY
1 min HARD
Warm Down

Its the first time I've had jelly legs for ages, so I definitely knew I had worked hard in the session, I was covered in sweat, which is the norm for the spin bike but I knew I had given it everything and I was looking forward to the rest day tomorrow as I knew my legs weren't going to thank me in the morning for this high intensity workout.


From the last time I did this session I have managed to make my heart work that little bit harder by getting in an extra 8 BPM on the average output and a max of 185 BPM which is a massive 15 BPM increase.

Session Details
Duration 00 45 00
Distance 15 Miles
Average HR 148 BPM
Max HR 185 BPM

16/08/12 - Rest Day

17/08/12 - Free Run



A nice gentle run ready for race day on Sunday so this session was just to recover from the hard bike on Wednesday. Switch the treadmill on at 10 minute mile pace and stayed there for the whole session. A simple. non intense run and keep the heart right in T2 for the majority of the run.


I felt great before, during and after the run, I could have happily carried on running at that pace, but I wanted to save myself for the PB I'm going to do on Sunday.

Session Details
Duration 00 50 33
Distance 5.00 Miles
Average HR 137 BPM
Max HR 157 BPM


18/08/12 - Rest Day

19/08/12 - Tuska Sprint Triathlon - See race report HERE

Week 33 Totals
Cycling - 28.67 Miles
Running - 13.71 Miles
Swimming - 750 Meters 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...