Week 4 - Love The Turbo

21/01/13 - Rest Day

22/01/13 - Turbo Intervals

Starting to appreciate the bike again, the turbo trainer seems to giving my legs some more depth and I've definitely noticed some muscle change. I'm really enjoying it too so its definitely helping!

Simple interval session, which I will be completing over February so I thought I'd give it a try tonight and see what my progress is made by the end of the month.

15 minutes warm up
15 minutes (1min @ 100 Cadence, 1 min @ 80 Recovery Cadence)
15 minutes warm down

I may look to make the interval session to 30 minutes the better my bike fitness gets.


Great to see the peaks, I am only on level 1 on the resistance on the turbo trainer but its a start in the right direction. I managed to get the 100 RPM cadence on most intervals and keep it there (or around 97 - 105)


On another plus side I was dripping in sweat so I know I must of worked hard...

Session Details
Duration 00:45:21
Distance 9.51 Miles
Calories 514
Average Cadence 80 RPM
Max Cadence 105 RPM

23/01/13 - Rest Day

24/01/13 - Turbo Intervals

Same set as above but I went further, only 0.15 miles, so nothing to boast about, I did have a rest day yesterday so maybe I feel fresher for the session.


My heart rate was up 3 beat per minute but my max was still at 171 BPM.



Session Details
Duration 00:45:01
Distance 9.65 Miles
Calories 534
Average Cadence 82 RPM
Max Cadence 104 RPM


25/01/13 - Rest Day

26/01/13 - Turbo Intervals

After 2 x 45 minute sessions, I decided to make a massive leap and complete a 60 minute session. With a 15 minute warm up and warm down and a 30 minutes 1 minute on 1 minute off style session.


It hurt, and I've got a long run tomorrow!

27/01/13 - Free Run

After last nights turbo I was conscious that my legs may be a bit tired, I did this run last week and I treated last weeks as slow and steady, so I wanted to do something similar this week but I wanted to make sure I kept the same place region all the way throughout the session.

I felt great and plenty left in the legs, I averaged out at a 8:20 minute mile pace, and ended up doing the same run 7 minutes quicker. I didn't go eye balls out, I kept plenty in the tank and the cheeky head wind all the way home made the slow incline at mile 7 quick hard.

It was nice to be running in something other than rain too!

Session Details
Duration 01:23:58
Distance 10.02 Miles
Calories 1423
Average HR 154 BPM
Max HR 177 BPM
Average Pace 8.20
Best Pace 4.33

Week 4 Totals
Swimming - 0 Meters
Cycling - 32.96 Miles
Running - 10.02 Miles

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...