Week 52 / Week 1 - A New Year A New Focus



31/01/12 - Rest Day

01/01/13 - Rest Day

02/01/13 - Free Run

First run of 2013, and it felt great, not to chilly but enough to keep you warm and working hard a keep focus on your running and not focused on keeping warm.

I took an extra half a mile on the route, I still took a wrong turning as it was meant to be an extra 1.5 miles, but I'll save that for next time.

It was a slow time for this one, but there was some tiredness in my legs and I wanted to do a sprint session later in the week so I eased off the speed and kept it below 9 minute mile pace.



I felt strong when I finished the first session of 2013, I knew I had more in the legs and could have done it the whole run again if I had too... Honest!

Session Details
Duration 01:23.39
Distance 9.50 Miles
Calories 1351
Average HR 154 BPM
Max HR 175 BPM
Average Pace 8.46
Best Pace 5.27

03/01/13 - Rest Day

04/01/13 - Sprint Session

I enjoyed this session last week so I thought I'd repeat it, some distances same times, and compare it to this one. I'm glad to say I have improved slightly but that could be down to anything from diet, sleep, training so I'm happy just to get another quality session under my belt.

04/01/13 Laps



























28/12/12 Laps































I was a total of 16 seconds quicker on the sprint/recovery session, which is nothing. A solid session that i'm definitely going to introduce in 2013 more often.

I still got random looks from passing cars like the previous session. I did have a more lights on my arms this time so perhaps they thought it was a running Christmas tree.

I have definitely got more focus for my aims for the 2013 season, I just need to make sure I put them into practice so I can meet my objective of Ironman Wales.

Back to Wales on Sunday...


Session Details
Duration 00:30:56
Calories 504
Average HR 152 BPM
Max HR 180 BPM

05/01/13 - Rest Day

06/01/13 - Rest Day

Week 52/1 Totals
Cycling - 0 Miles
Running - 13.16  Miles
Swimming - 0 Meters  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...