New Year.. New Blog Inspiration..

Happy New Year Readers...

As I've got some inspiration I thought I'd get back to the blog for 2018, as life, training and everything else has had priority and if I'm honest I had lost all drive to progress with the blog.

2017 was another successful year for me, another Ironman Wales under my belt alongside some other great races, Cotswolds 113, Long Course Weekend and Southampton Half marathon.

After looking at the numbers for the year 2017 was the furthest I’ve ever been, I nearly clocked in 2500 miles for the year across all 3 sports, 2012 was the last time I hit over the 2000 miles for the year, this makes me happy and I thought I could go harder / longer on the bike too.

I also joined a new club and got some new training mates which helped me greatly on those days when you needed to get out of bed early in the rain to get the long bike rides in. Thanks lads!

I took some well deserved time off in December to get the body, recovered from the hard year as well as help sort out those jobs at home you put off weekend after weekend as training to priority, a total of 12 days which was great, I also ate enough calories to feed a small country for a month, so it was great to get back out there and bank some runs.

I decided to do one of those virtual run races in January, run 100 miles, to some that might be easy but I thought it would challenge me and get some focus on my running as I’ve got Llanelli half marathon in February.

It was tough, but out of the 31 days in January, I clocked in 17 runs taking 14 hours and best of all I finished a day early. Just got to wait for my shinny medal and base layer to arrive now. I do like a good medal over a finisher t-shirt any day!

I’m contemplating doing a bike virtual race for February, as the run one seemed to work for January on the run front.

I’ve still got 2 Ironman Wales reports to finish that are sitting in my drafts.. oh bugger, I will do them and get them posted shortly.


Final thanks go out to my family, without their love and support I wouldn’t be able to train and race so much, Thanks V, I & E x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...