Week 13 - More, More, More 70.3 Training

26/03/12 - Swim Session (Penlan Pool)


Week 2 of the training plan is here and it started with a pool swim, and extra 400 meters than last Mondays session. I decided to do a 100 meter climbing session, and totalled at 2000 meters. I was lucky enough to have a pool to myself again and I only swam one 400 with fins on today so, my arms and legs are starting to gain base layer strength. I've been doing these sessions first thing in the morning, so it would be good to compare how I feel when I do these sessions in the afternoon after work.

100, 200, 300, 400, 400, 300, 200, 100 meters = 2000 meters 

Session Details
Duration 01 00 00
Distance 2000 Meters

27/03/12 - Rest Day

28/03/12 - Brick Session (Turbo & Treadmill)

Nice to get a brick session in, it been a while since I did one so it was great to gage how my legs can cope with the transition and it went.... Good, no wobbles, no heavy legs, it felt great!

1 hour Bike 25 Miles
45 min Run 5.5 Miles

Session Details
Duration 01 45 00
Distance 30.50 Miles


29/03/12 - Swim Session (Penlan Pool)

Another early morning session, and the pool was surprisingly busy, I didn't have my own lane so I was very disappointed. But as soon as I got in 2 people got out so the lane was back down to 2 people, so I had my own side again. Today I was definitely tired on my first three 200 hundreds, I noticed my arms crossing on the under stroke. I did loose focus on my breathing when trying to focus on my arms, as I'm trying to get back to breathing every forth stroke.

5 x 200 Meters
2 x 500 Meters

Session Details
Duration 01 00 00
Distance 2000 Meters

30/03/12 - Free Run (Treadmill)

Long run day, and an early start for me at the gym, a cold empty gym with me and the TV, so I put my program into the treadmill and off I went. The gym has the light sensors so it felt like I was running in the dark as all the lights switched off apart from the one above the treadmill, I felt like I was under the spotlight.


Session Details
Duration 01 30 00
Distance 10 Miles

31/03/12 - Rest Day

01/04/12 - Cycling (Turbo)



Playing a single parent at the moment as my wife is away with work in France, so the 2 hours scheduled bike ride turned into a 45 minute turbo session. I didn't mind cutting it short as I was feeling a little bit drained and I also had to make time to cut the lawn. I made sure I worked hard and kept the cadence high for 2 minutes off and 2 minutes off. High Cadence was 120 RPM and low cadence was 90 RPM so the whole session was relatively high, just a like an old spin session I used to do with some of the club members.

As the sun was shining I was lucky enough to do the turbo session in the back garden on the patio, so I could work on my tan. I know I've skipped some of the distance on this session so I need to make up for it next bike sessions and add in 15 minutes each time.

Session Details
Duration 00 45 00
Distance 13 Miles 

Week 13 Totals
Cycling - 38 Miles
Running -   15.5 Miles
Swimming - 4000 Meters

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...