Week 9 - Last Easy Week

27/02/12 - Old Route New PB Run


Its was great to get outside and get a run in, I know it was only 5 miles but it was still nice to get off the treadmill and get some fresh air in my lungs, even though it was raining.


I was keen to complete this 5 mile loop in under 40 minutes as I knew when I first started training 2 years ago I would aim to do this loop in 40 minutes and I never quite go there. I since moved offices and now I hardly get a chance to run it. This meant I had to consistently delivery under 8 minute miles, something I haven't done since my break at Christmas. I knew I was capable of doing it I just had to prove to myself that I am getting fitter.


I managed to complete the loop in 37 minutes, 3 minutes quick than my planned time which was great, I felt good and it was definitely one of those days that everything felt good and you could concentrate on your time rather than niggles here and there. By the end of the 5 miles, I was tired and I think I could only keep that pace up for another 1.5 miles so that's a projected 10km time of 45 minutes.

I did work hard in this session, and I was really surprised to see my average heart rate so low, I maxed out at 182 BPM, but averaged out at only 166 BPM, which is great to see that my training it keeping my heart rate low and this aids my endurance to go harder for longer.



Session Details
Duration 00 37 56
Distance 5.01 Miles
Average Pace 7.34 Min Mile
Max HR 182 BPM
Average HR 166 BPM

28/02/12 - Brick Session

Nice to change the session and get a brick in, I haven't done one for a while since the end of last season in fact, and I was surprised how good my legs felt getting off the spin bike and onto the treadmill.

The session was an hour in total broken down to 40 minutes bike, 20 minutes run, I forgot to bring my Garmin down to the gym so I don't know the heart rate statics, but it was a good session and good to get a multi sport session in. I normally get 15 miles in 45 minutes, but I pushed myself to get to the 15 mile mark in 40 minutes, so I knew my legs would be very heavy, I climbed out the saddle for the last 5 minutes on the bike and then I went straight to the treadmill, and put it on 8 minute mile pace for 20 minutes. A great hour session and I'll definitely have more planing in the half Ironman plan.

Session Details
Duration 01 00 00
Distance  17.5 Miles

29/02/12 - Core Workout



I completed the same set as last week as I was limited on time, its a good set to get a sweat on and enough to make you a little tender in the morning. I need to make sure I include core fitness in my 70.3 plan as the plan I'm following doesn't have a lot in it from what I can see.

Session Details

2 Reps

30 x knee to elbow sit up
10 x 1 leg press up (Each Site)
2 x 30 sit twists with raised legs
2 x 30 standing side dips
25 x V sit ups
30 sec side plank (each side)

01/03/12 - Free Run


A simple run today, 8 minute mile set on the treadmill and try and keep within T3-T5 training zones. I had the joys of Countdown & Deal or No Deal to distract me on the run today at the gym. I even came up with a few 7 word's while running, so I wasn't working hard enough to stop my brain from functioning, at the start anyway. During the session the heart rate line did progress, but that is natural when keeping the same pace through the whole session.




Session Details
Duration 01 00 00
Distance 7.50 Miles
Average Pace 8.00 Min Mile
Max HR 185 BPM
Average HR 160 BPM

02/03/12 - Spin Session


It was a quick turbo session today as I only had 45 minutes to complete the session,  I made sure I kept my heart rate high and kept the speed high. The session averaged out at 20 MPH for the full 45 minutes, and my heart rate maxed out at 140 BPM. The session involved 3 high work rate 10 minute intervals which increased my heart rate on each session. This was very much like a Fartlek session and one I am keen to get involved in my half Ironman plan in the next couple of weeks.


Session Details
Duration 00 45 00
Distance 15 Miles (estimated)

03/03/12 - Rest Day


04/03/12 - Rest Day

Week 9 Totals
Cycling - 30 Miles
Running -  15.01 Miles
Swimming - 0 Meters

Comments

  1. WOW what a week. I need to do core work too. When will your swimming start?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...