60% Club Run & Iced Muscles

Another busy day in work, I was really to get out in the sunshine, put my running daps on and get a run under my belt. I had planned to keep the session to a light one because of the race on Sunday. The session tonight was:

3x (1min @R, 1min jog, 1min @R, 2min jog, 4min @R, 2min jog)

At these sessions I give it my all 100% but as said above I was only willing to give 60% tonight and it felt kind of funny. I know its for the greater good but it still felt weird.


Everything was going really well and taking my time during warm up and completed the cycle of stretches from the coach. Then lap 14 kicked in and I felt a slight pull in my right calve so I completed eased off and and stretched it off, the end of the session finished for me then, well I still carried on but I hardly got my HR into the training zone, I work harder walking to work.

I came home and had a quick shower and got a bag of peas on my calve and completed some more stretching on it. I'll be on the massage table tomorrow I hope my wife can help me out and sort my leg out before race day!.


Todays Session

Duration 00 58 48
Distance 4.39 Miles (Session + warm up)
Calories 558
Max HR 183BPM
Average HR 136BPM

Comments

  1. I think it's very lucky that you've got a wife who does sports massage! Rest that leg and keep those peas on it... although not too long as I made my knee swell by icing it for too long!! who'd have known!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...