Little Brick Big Results

First day back in work after a week on holiday, it was torture getting up at 7:30 and putting my shirt and  tie and walking to the office. It was like I hadn't been off...

Enought about the office and more about the training I say!

After getting my new road bike on the weekend I had arrange for it to be serviced, so I thought why not do a little brick session tonight. Well its a little cycle to the mechanics house (1 mile) so I gave it some welly up the hill so I could feel a burn in the legs, off I hopped at the garage ran my bike up the drive (like I was taught on Saturday) and said give me a call when its done... so I should have a nice new shiny bike by tomorrow evening.

This is my new bike
FRAME ALUXX aluminium, Fluid Formed, Compact Road Design
FORK T700 carbon composite, aluminium steerer
SHOCK N/A
HANDLEBAR GIANT A3 aluminium
STEM GIANT A3 aluminium ahead
SEAT POST GIANT A5 aluminium
SADDLE Selle Royal Viper
PEDALS Wellgo road
SHIFTERS Shimano Tiagra 27 speed STI
FRONT MECH Shimano Tiagra
REAR MECH Shimano Tiagra
BRAKES Dual pivot long reach
BRAKE LEVER Shimano Tiagra STI
CASSETTE Shimano HG50 12-25
CHAIN Shimano HG73
CRANKS TruVativ Touro 3.2 30/39/50
BOTTOM BRACKET Cartridge
RIMS Alex DA22
HUBS Formula
SPOKES Stainless steel
TYRES Michelin Dynamic 700x26mm

So im happy with that and it will do me for this year and if im still as keen next year as I am now then perhaps I can upgrade next year.. if my wife will let me.

Back to the training, I dropped the bike and off I went for my run, I can join up with my normal route of 5 miles if I run down main road for 1 mile. I didn't feel much "jelly legs" when I got off the bike and it turned out to a pretty enjoyable run. It was pretty warm tonight but I still had the underarmour on, perhaps I shouldn't be wearing it now as summer is nearly here.

I'm now on a taper for race day on Sunday, swim tomorrow and light cycle Wednesday.. and we'll see what Thursday brings.

Todays session

Duration 00 46 56
Distance 6.21 miles (1.12 Bike & 5.09 Run)
Calories 773
Max HR 213 (Surely thats not right!)

BIKE


RUN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...