Week 35 - Good & Bad



27/08/12 - Rest Day

28/08/12 - Free Run

Cranked the treadmill up to 8 mile pace and off I went for the full 45 minute session.

It was boiling in the gym and the sweat was already running down my face after 2 minutes on the treadmill, It was like someone was holding a hose over my head. It was like training in Cyprus all over again.


Within the 45 minutes I aim to get over the 5 mile marker, I know I shouldn't really train in miles, and look at durations but that's a target I set myself every time I go out running. I suppose its a fault by me, because if I run under 5 miles I feel (mentally) its not been  hard workout. I know later this week I'm doing hills, and I wont run over 5 miles so will that be a good session? It better be!.

This session did get harder the longer it went on, and I noticed my heart rate tipping into Z5, which is a rare thing for me on the treadmill, so perhaps I haven't got over the bug from 2 weeks ago as I am still coughing a bit after my runs.

Session Details
Duration 00 45 01
Distance 5.56 Miles
Average HR 161 BPM
Max HR 181 BPM

29/08/12 - Ride Harder






Same 40 minute pyramid session, but this is the first time I've managed to sit down in he aero position for he whole session. It felt great to get down in the racing position, I even stayed focused on one area of the wooden floor so I could channel all my energy to keeping the cadince high and in count to Chrissy's call.

If you haven't already looked into Audiofuel - check it out well worth an investment if your training needs some focus.

The session follows a standard Pyramid just like this.

Warm Up
1 min HARD
1 min RECOVERY
2 min HARD
1 min RECOVERY
3 min HARD
1 min RECOVERY
4 min HARD
1 min RECOVERY
5 min HARD
1 min RECOVERY
4 min HARD
1 min RECOVERY
3 min HARD
1 min RECOVERY
2 min HARD
1 min RECOVERY
1 min HARD
Warm Down

Session Details
Duration  00 45 00
Distance 15 Miles 



30/08/12 - Hill Session

Its been a while since I've done such a hard hill session. Its the next session for half marathon season for me and as I've entered a few perhaps I should try and get in shape for them.

The session was meant to be 200 meter hill, but after the session I noticed it was a 300 meter climb so I had worked harder than I thought for the just over 30 minute session.

8 x 300 Meter Hill Sprints (with recovery)


I wanted to make sure I hit the top of the hill under 90 seconds, so I knew it was going to be a hard session I wasn't worried about hitting the 90 seconds target on the first 3 laps, but the remaining ones were going to hurt and a challenge for me. On a number of hill reps I was temped to stop the passing shuttle bus to give me a lift. When I was on the brow of the hill I could feel my lungs burning, I knew I was working hard, but I could have done with a lift up the final 2 reps.


Even though this session hurt, I did enjoy it and its something I will need to do if I'm competing over the winter in the off road running races.

Session Details
Duration 00 37 44
Distance 3.44 Miles
Calories 457
Average HR 147 BPM
Max HR 181 BPM

31/08/12 - Rest Day

01/09/12 - Rest Day

02/09/12 - Rest Day



Felt a little under the weather for the past  3 days I think its down to a bug I picked up from our son who attends nursery twice a week.

Week 35 Totals
Cycling - 15 Miles
Running -  9 Miles
Swimming - 0 Meters 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...