Week 38 - Moving Home Mixed With Race Week


17/09/12 - Rest Day

18/09/12 - Spin Session



I haven worked this hard on the spin bike for some time, even though I've lost my voice, and have a cold I still gave it everything. I still haven't fully recovered from Ironman Wales support crew so hence the loss of voice, but I'm racing Sunday so I best keep working on my training.

I decided to stick with the audio fuel session for 40 minutes with a warm down of 5 minutes. As the race Sunday is the club TT circuit I decided that I was going to treat these intervals as a TT, get down into the aero position an get it my all.

The interval session was up one side then back down..

Warm Up
1 min HARD
1 min RECOVERY
2 min HARD
1 min RECOVERY
3 min HARD
1 min RECOVERY
4 min HARD
1 min RECOVERY
5 min HARD
1 min RECOVERY
4 min HARD
1 min RECOVERY
3 min HARD
1 min RECOVERY
2 min HARD
1 min RECOVERY
1 min HARD
Warm Down

I found my gear and gave it everything on the maximum interval, I found a zone and stayed there for the duration, I even managed to get down on the bars which no issues.


Covered in sweat, from the 2nd interval I knew this was going to be a quality session and after having a few days off for Ironman my body needed a tough session.

Session Details
Duration  00 45 00
Distance 15 Miles 


19/09/12 - Rest Day

20/09/12 - Free Run



I had planned to do the run on the treadmill in the office, but meetings took over my training plans and the run had to wait till after work. I may add they were stressful meetings so a run was definitely required to burn off some of the work related stress, I'm also stressed from this house move. Its definitely going affect my half marathon training but, I feel I'm fit enough to run the distance, but will I be able to do a good time, I hope so!

Back to this run, I decided that I was going to take my wife bike up to the local bike mechanics so the first mile was a bike push run, I held the bike by the seat and ran. The first mile happened to be all up hill so it was tough but I found the balance point of the bike so I found it pretty easy, and it took the focus away from the up hill running.


After I dropped the bike off I decided to make up the route as I went along, a few hills and a few flats and finishing on the big hill for home. I also had to incorporate picking up my son from crèche before 6pm.

Session Details
Duration 00 56 33
Distance 6.29 Miles
Calories 875
Average HR 159 BPM
Max HR 176 BPM
Average Pace 8.01
Max Pace 5.21


21/09/12 - Rest Day - House Moving

22/09/12 - Rest Day - House Moving

23/09/12 - Neath Valley Sprint Triathlon - Race Report HERE

Week 38 Totals
Cycling - 28.67 Miles
Running -  8.16 Miles
Swimming - 400 Meters 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...