Cracking Post Race Interval Session



After Wednesday night race I felt still in good condition, no stiffness or pain so I decided to meet up for the club run. I tend to have a rest day after I race but I enjoy the club interval sessions.The session was the same as last week, a tough one, but an enjoyable one.

6 x (4 mins 98%, 2 min 75% Recovery)

I turned up early this week to dish out some of the Orbana samples I was sent by the people at Orbana and they were gratefully received. I'll pass out the rest at the on my swim session on Tuesday.

I did take this session lighter than normal, but I did still work hard. I did drop out of the intense zone on a number of intense efforts, but I'll put this down to race recovery. It was nice to get out in the sun and get some running under my belt, unlike race day on Wednesday!. There is no coach next week as he's off on holiday so its down to myself to do the set.


My heart rate averaged out at 151 beats per minute, a little low for this kind of session but I'll put it down to a recovery session. I did keep a good pace for the the whole session under 8 minute mile throughout. I did wear my compression socks, so im sure I looked a idiot but I dont mind as its all about the recovery for me.  If anyone is struggling with pain in the calf region then perhaps look into getting some compression gear and I believe it will help you leaps and bounds with recovery. Check out my gear page to see what I use.


I decided to walk in the recovery zones in the session, I tend to jog but tonight it was a walking recovery. Its a full recovery day for me on Friday so im looking forward to that.

Todays session

Duration 01 01 27
Distance 5.32 miles
Calories 681
Average HR 151BPM
Max HR 172 BPM
Average Pace 07:56
Best Pace 05:16

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...