Late Potato Run


I got home from work late and as I had a rest day on Tuesday, I had to get out there for a run, I needed to stop using the weekends race as an excuse and get out there.

I deicide to have my dinner before my run on Wednesday as I felt really drained and low on energy so I went and made jacket potato beans and cheese, dinner of champions. After consuming my dinner and waiting for an hour and a half I got changed and got out there on the road and got a run in.

The plan was to keep it simple and light, even though I had a rest day the previous day I didn't want to end up blasting out a hard run, so I kept some back for the weekend. I decided the route ans the distance was gong to be 5 miles if I felt crap and 6 miles if I felt good. The 5 mile marker came and I still had a spring in my step so I carried on for the extra half mile before turning for home. The sun was shining and the breeze was keeping me cool so why not keep going.

.

Last time I did this run I was a little bit quicker but I wasnt tapering so I dont feel that guilty for taking it easy. There must of been something in thing in the Swansea air as I never see people out training, but tonight I saw 4 runners and 5 cyclists out! I was amazed that i actually saw other people out training!

This is my last run before race so it was a quality run enough to keep me revving into the red ready for race day

Todays session

Duration 00 46 48
Distance 6.0 miles
Calories 837
Average HR 159BPM
Max HR 177BPM
Average Pace 07.44
Best Pace 04.52

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...