3,2,1,2,1 - Well Hard

After a unexpected rest day on Sunday, I was keen to blow the cobwebs away and get in a quality session with the elite group on a Monday. I haven't trained with the lads for 2 weeks as I've had no car to meet up with them so I've gone out on my own, so I was raring to go!

The set was called, 3km, 2km, 1km, 2km, 1km - 2 mins recovery in between each km effort , (98% max thresh hold) km efforts. On my this was a hard one, but I didn't mind, I'd missed this kind of session with the group.


I switched the Garmin to KM auto lapping and the times above include the recovery, I should have push lap on the breaks but I forgot on the first recovery so didn't bother after it. This was a really enjoyable session, hard, but enjoyable. The session started really quick, and my pace was really fast under 4 minute KM efforts, but by the end of the session it dropped 5 minute per KM. I was still working at the same intensity throughout the session and still finished 3rd in the group from start to finish. I maxed out at 181 beats per minute, a high range and one I needed. In the session my heart rate averaged out at 167 BPM but this does included the quick recovery intervals.


This was a longer than normal session, but definitely a quick paced one, probably my last hardcore session before my race on Sunday.


Todays session

Duration 00 56 21
Distance 6.83
Calories 933
Average HR 167 BPM
Max HR 181 BPM
Average Pace 07.13
Best Pace 05.15

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...