Rain Stops Play

What a tough run!

I was one of those runs, that nothing clicked, my shoulders felt stiff, im knees ached my stride was wrong, it just didn't feel right.I ran my normal 6 mile route, nothing aggressive, the normal up hills, the normal flats and the normal down hills so why was it so different.


I still managed to clock in seven and a half minute miles on the training run, I dont normally go running early afternoon so that have something to do with it, I had a small lunch to so that could be the reason why it felt so hard to do this run. The roads were really quite for a Saturday afternoon, perhaps they were all at home watching the football, as the premiership kicks off today. I had planned to go out on the bike early this morning but the heavens were open and lots of water was coming from the sky, so that put a spanner in the works, so hence why I went for an afternoon run.


My heart rate maxed out at 172 beats per minute, which isn't relatively high for one of my runs, and it averaged out at 158. Even though it felt this was a really tough run, I obviously didn't work that hard, but believe me I was shattered when I got home.


Todays session

Duration 00 45 39
Distance 6 miles
Calories 840
Average HR 158 BPM
Max HR 172 BPM
Average Pace 07.30
Best Pace 03.08




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...