Cyprus Training - Hot Pool Swim

First day of the holiday and after lying in the sun all day and chilling I thought I best get some training in.

It was hot.. Really hot so the only thing I could do was get a swim in. We've got a 20 meter pool at the resort and it's relatively quiet so I decided a simple set of:

5 x 200m & 2 x 500m

I managed to complete the first 1000m hassle free, pool to myself not a rubber ring in sight. After each 200 meters I did a one and a half minute recovery and set off again. I was lucky enough to borrow my mates Poolmate for holiday to try out, which is a good job really as I totally lost count on numerous occasions, to be fair I forget most times so it was nice to have the backup of the watch.



Then I started to 2 x 500's and it was like a pool party had erupted everyone wanted some pool action, well everyone being 4 people, and all 4 had to get in the way and I was completing "S" bends in the pool very annoying as they could see I was doing a lane swim, I was out the way as far as possible, well they didn't last long in the water and for the last 500 meter I was left alone to complete.

That was my first holiday session over and done with, it was hot, but I can see my run being even hotter tomorrow morning.

Best get the water intake up!

Todays session

Duration 00 58 00
Distance 2000 meters

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...