Extended Warm Up For Intervals



I decided to have Wednesday off, 1 reason was I was really tired and I didn't want to train while feeling drained as that can only cause damage, the seconds reason and the most important reason was, we found out the sex of our baby and proud to say we are having a boy! so we had to go out and look for all the boy like clothes possible so we can dress him when he comes out of Christmas day (expected date of arrival) so I think thats a great reason to miss training.

So this session I had to work twice as hard to make up for Wednesday, and it started by me having to run to the club run as my wife had the car so my normal warm up with the club started 2 miles down the road, so I was already into my stride when I met up with them, only to turn around and do some hill sprints... I was already feeling it and we hadn't started the "guts" on the set.

The session was the same as last week, but just 1 more rep and yes I did feel the difference.

9 x 2 min 95%, 2 min 75% Recovery.


Its was important to keep jogging in the recovery so my heart rate would stay up, high enough to keep in the training zones, so walking was not permitted ans I didn't fancy being shouted at by the coach.


I tried to keep to the same speed and distances on each rep, I found the first set hard and in the recovery zone it looks like my speed has dipped, then for sets 2,3 and 4 and kept at a higher recovery speed and then from 5 onward the recovery speed has slipped, but it is also places where I have stopped to turn around as I've run out of road. My distances have kept very similar through the set, averaging 0.3 of a mile for each 2 minute which was the same as last week so im happy with staying in the same area.


The weather was really poor for this session, I took my run rain jacket down and it was really humid, so by the time I finished the workout I was dripping with sweat and drilling from the fine rain, a runners nightmare as the rain wasn't keeping you cool. Hope it clears up soon, I want a long bike on the weekend and a light run day Friday evening.

Todays session

Duration 01 32 17
Distance 7 miles
Calories 930
Average HR 159 BPM
Max HR 180 BPM
Average Pace 07.59
Best pace 05.16

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...