5km Time Trial

This was a tri club session and it was a5km time trial run to see how we are progressing for the cross country league over the winter.

Standard warm up and off we went to the time trial, I decided to sit at the front on my own and lead and after the first lap I didn't see anyone, I knew I had gone out a little to fast but its only 5km so I knew I could go out quick it was just to see how long I could hold on for. When I hit the half way marker I was overtaken by one of the group I saw him kick on and I tried my best to stay with him but he was just to strong and the gap grew to about 20 yards and it stayed at that. I could see the end and I could feel another runner breathing down my neck, I tried to push on but he stayed with me and pipped me to the finish line.

I clocked in a 00 21 21 5km time - I want to do under 00 20 00 so I've got a bit of work to do.



I really enjoyed the session and its good marker point so I measure were I am in a few weeks. I know my heart rate was high for the session but this is the ideal session to go hard and go hard for as long as possible.

Todays session

Duration 00 47 23
Distance 4.55 Miles
Calories 614
Average HR 182 BPM
Max HR 188 BPM
Average Pace 6.53
Best Pace 5.37

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...