Compressport UK - Calf & Quad Compression Review

 

If you haven't purchased any compression gear this year, then look no further than Compressport UK, they are the only compression gear you need. Thank you Tim at Compressport for sending me some compression calf guards and some quad recovery to assist me with my sporting events most important the recovery of these races.


I have been given the ultra silicon (US) compression calf guards and I have used them for both racing and recovery. The US have little silicon beads just above the lower grey band to help with the stress repartition on the base of the leg (when running). You feel the compression 360 degrees around the calf, there are no panels of material that are stitched together so you don't feel and uncomfortable seem digging into your muscles while you train/race/recover. There isn't compression on the grey cuffs these are purely for comfort and they aren't to tight which stops the blood flowing to your foot which could make them swell and make it really uncomfortable for you.



When the calf compression guards are on they feel great and look great. The US are available in 2 colours black and white and I own a pair of each, 1 for recovery and 1 for races. I found them very comfortable and I could easy say I forgot I was wearing them, as some nights I have gone to bed wearing them and slept through the night. I also wear mine under my wetsuit when I'm racing in triathlon events, they are very quick drying and do not get in the way when in transition from wetsuit to bike, you have enough to think about so this is one less thing on your mind.

You can purchase all Compressport calf guards from HERE


My quad compression works very similar with the 360' degree compression and the grey comfort band, unlike compression shorts these simply cover the quad area, so after the race you don't get the problem of discomfort after drinking loads of water to rehydrate you self and squashing your bladder. They also aren't in the way with your tri suit, or shorts so there is no issue with seems or additional layers and over heating. There was only no chaffing from the items something that I have suffered with with previous compression products.

As the quad compression stretches far more than calf guards I am really surprised they have kept there shape for so long as still have. They are really easy to wash and do not smell even though I have trained alot in them. I have worm them under my wetsuit and used sports slick/body glide on by them and this has not effected the performance of the quad compression. They have stayed in place and not moved thanks to the grips inside the grey bands at the bottom and the white rubber at the top. I have also noticed that they dry very quickly under my wetsuit and this is also a great think to know as this will stop irritation on the bike in my races.

You can purchase all Compressport Quad compression from HERE

I have been using the Compressport gear for some weeks now and it still looks, feels and smells good as new, it has kept its shape and I'm very happy that it has as I have used previous compression gear and I've completed the same amount of training/racing in it and its only good for the bin now.



The sizing at Compressport couldn't be easier just follow the simple instruction here and away you go. I was a T2 in the calf and T3 in the quad - HERE

As I said at the start of this review, Compressport gear compares to no other compression product on the market, you can definitely feel the difference when using them and I have been very happy with the results with on the day performance as well as a quicker recovery time. I recently ran 2 half marathons and my legs have felt good throughout the race and my recovery times have shortened considerably since introducing Compressport into my sporting equipment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...