Week 26 - And Relax..A Bit..


25/06/12 - Rest Day


26/06/12 - Rest Day

27/06/12 - Free Ride (Gym Bike)

First session back after the half Ironman, and I feel a lot better than I thought I would. Monday, hurt, Tuesday was worse, but today I feel nice and loose, so why not have an easy bike session at the gym.

The purpose of this session was just to get the body back to a training state so I dont forget what pain is!

On a serious not it was import to get the legs back working with an active recovery, I didn't go flat out, just a gentle session to get a sweat on and get the legs lightly working out again.

Session Details
Duration 00 45 00
Distance 10 Miles

28/06/12 - Rest Day

29/06/12 - Free Run


First proper run since Ironman, I was inching to get out and blow the remaining cob webs away. The was a mixture run of, up hills and down hills, in the lovely country side of Devon. I was lucky enough to have company for this run, a new rugby convert to triathlons, check him out HERE Ryan is really keen and I wish him luck with the new training adventure. I was following Ryan on the route so it was nice to be dragged around the run with some company.

Session Details
Duration 00 45 00
Distance 5 Miles

30/06/12 - Free Run

Last of the holiday runs and it was a tough hilly session. A short route than yesterday, but just as tough. I thought Wales was full of hills, well so is England... Well the South West. The Sun made an appearance to which was a nice surprise for an early morning run. My legs felt a little stiff from yesterdays 5 miler but after the first 1km they soon loosened off and I was happy to be climbing hills again.


This was the second session where I trained without the Garmin and just on the Timex watch and its amazing to feel the difference in training. I often go by the heart rate to see how hard I'm working, but as I'm on active recovery its good just to watch the clock tick by without feeling guilty. Why can all training sessions be like this?. Roll on next week, im sure  have a race planned?


Session Details
Duration 00 25 00
Distance 3 Miles

01/07/12 - Rest Day

Week 26 Totals
Cycling - 10 Miles
Running - 8 Miles
Swimming - 0 Meters



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...