Week 28 - A Mixed Week

09/07/12 - Rest Day

10/07/12 - Insanity Workout (Cardio Power & Resistance)


I'm new to the Insanity workouts, but I will start introducing them into my training plan and its going to be a great workout over the winter.

11/07/12 - Illness 

I have managed to catch a cold which has made my head fat and its blocked my nose and given me a chesty cough.


12/07/12 - Illness

13/07/12 - Spin Session



Easy session back into it after the sniffles and chest, I'm wheezing a bit when I was upping the tempo,  so didnt go all out in this session.

Simple and easy spinning session on the bike, and clocked in 10 miles.

Session Details
Duration 00 45 00
Distance 10 Miles

14/07/12 - Sprint Interval Session



I was really looking forward to this session, I've really missed on working on my sprints. Since going over to my Ironman plan its all been endurance based, so it was great to change things up. The session was half mile sprint T5, half mile recovery T2. My aim was to complete the sprints in 3 minutes and under and the recovery was a slow jog / walk to get the heart rate back down before the sprint, so I would aim for a 6 minute recovery.


I went over the the 3 minute marker 3 times in the session, which I wasn't to happy about, but it was my first speed session for some time so I'll just take it forward to the next session and try and break the 3 minute marker.


In the half mile sprint I gave it my all and worked at a higher intensity than I have for some time, so I felt fatigued in a different way, but I noticed I recovered a lot quicker and got my heart rate down quicker too. I want to try and take on this to 20 sets (10 miles)



Session Details

Duration 00 47 49
Distance 5.00 Miles
Average HR 143 BPM
Max HR 181 BPM
Average Pace 9.21
Best Pace 4.39
Calories 667


15/07/12 - Rest Day

Week 28 Totals
Cycling - 10 Miles
Running - 5 Miles
Swimming - 0 Meters



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...