Spinning - I Have Missed You

After missing last weeks spin session I was keen to get back in the saddle and blast out a set on the spin bike.

It was a smaller class than previous weeks and they have only got 1 fan working so I made sure I was sat in the middle, not that this did much cooling but ever little helps.

The session was very much based on sprints and a time trial format and it was definitely a leg buster, my leg muscles were ready to explode by the time we finished, I could feel my legs expending on the final sprint.


The best set in the session had to be the hill climb and decent, we started at level 10 (at 120 RPM) and every 30 seconds we upped a resistance gear, we managed to get to gear 18 and the RPM was aloud to drop by 5 on each gear, this was hard.. but not as hard as the way back down to gear 10. On the way back down we were had to up the RPM by 10 and stay in the gear for 30 seconds.. ouch!

This better improve my cycling for next season as im working pretty hard in these sessions, perhaps I should get out on the road on the weekend and try a road cycle to see how the legs go on an old summer route I do.

An average distance for me in this session of 20 miles and about 850 calories.

Todays session

Duration 00 45 00
Distance 20.01 miles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...