Its Getting Easier This Swimming Malarkey

I was ready for the swim today and my target is still to complete 2000 meters within the hour. It was also going to be a quick session because Spurs were on TV.

The pool opens to the public at 6pm and I was ready to get it at 6:01. I decided to keep it simple again by completing 5 x 400 meters. The pool lane was really quiet again so I could practise my tumble turns and not worry about holding people up or bumping into them on the turn when I push off the wall on a squiff!

My new goggles still work, they are still fogging up a little but its getting better, and I'm used to swimming in this hat stuff, I think it makes me go quicker and helps my breathing and makes my stroke better :) Well maybe not all of the above.

I've noticed I need less time to recover from the 400 meters now and I am getting alot quicker, I think im doing 400 meters in about 10 minutes which im happy with as I've submitted 10 minutes in the next mini triathlon im doing. Fingers crossed I wont be as tired when competing as I'll have no hope of doing well, I hope my adrenaline will pump in and I'll be fine!

On the last set of 400 there was a mass entrance to the pool and our lane went from 3 people to 7. I finished on a sprinted 50 and got out, my arms felt so heavy after only sprinting 50 meters, should I be worried? But I did complete 1950 meters before hand.

I'm thinking about asking if I can use my tri suit in the pool to try it out, see If can move any quicker!



Todays session

Duration 01 00 00
Distance 2000 meters

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...