Sprints In The Water Are Harder Than Sprints On Land....

Even the walk to work was hard work today, I was hurting from yesterday, Sundays and even Saturday sessions. I think I could be in for a unexpected rest day tomorrow, we'll see how my legs feel in the morning.

I was grateful it was a pool session today, I have been enjoying my swimming and I think my endurance and speed have got alot better since I first started. Even though I didn't swim the normal 2000 meters tonight I did a hard session on the 10 x 50 meter sprints. I haven't really tried sprints in the pool before, it was quite enjoyable but very tiring on the shoulders,  I think I will have to use this technique when it comes to entering the sea, from the starters gun.. But I doubt I'll be able to sprint more than 50 meters.. Any super dooper sprint triathlons out there that are just 50 meter swims :)

The pool tonight was bloody freezing, But i soon warmed up and forgot about the temperature, Even my goggles didn't mist up!



The pool stayed quite empty again ,the January, February and March fat fighters have disappeared and it back to the committed few who are there week in week out, just the 3 of us!

When I got to the end of my set, I obviously cant count as I finished on a 50 meter kick board warm down and I should have done 100m.. I'll just have to do an extra 50 meters next week.

1 x 400m
2 x 200m
4 x 100m
10 x 50m
1 x 50m kickboard

Todays session

Duration 01 00 00
Distance 1750

Comments

  1. Always better in a gym / pool once the year has settled in... needless to say that a few will return when post-holiday guilt sets in after the Summer, but a well timed sharp elbow should sort them out with any ill-conceived ideas of returning! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...