Ouch - That 5 Miles Hurt!

Today was just another "keep loose" 5 mile run, im into my taper now and im really looking forward to my first tri next /Sunday, so this time next week it will all be over and I'll be able to tell you all about it.

I had been out all day visiting a Welsh museum with my parents in law so when we got home my lovely wife made a Sunday dinner while I went out for a quick jog.

I'm sticking to 5 miles max for now on runs so I keep loose but don't over do it,  so I ran the same route as the other day, I know the roads so I could take it easy on the up hills and stride it out on the downs. Even though I took it easy, I still managed a personal best for the route! On the way home I had a extreme pain in my side, it felt like a "stitch" pain, so I loosened my HR belt and this seemed to help. I still worked hard on the workout as I got that PB and my legs feel great, and to top it off I did the whole set at an average pace of 7 minutes and 24 seconds! I have broken the 7 and half minute mile marker!


I saw another runner out today, the lad looked like he was in proper pain when I ran past him. I was temped to stop and offer him a piggy back, but I think he would have turned me down because I was soaking wet with sweat!

On the plus side my dinner was top banana!

I think im doing my first sea swim in the morning.... ARRGGGHHH!!! 

Todays Session

Duration 00 37 03
Distance 5.0 Miles
Calories 694
Max HR 174 BPM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...