10 - The Magic Number (Reps)


Another great club session today, It was a massive rep session:

10 x 2min 98%, 1min 80% Recovery

We went through our standard warm up session with some light jogging, stretches and fast twitch muscle preparation for the speed session.

The session also included hill sprints again, as the attendee numbers we low last night we had less time to recovery and get down the bottom of the hill so I was pretty tired just after that!


In the 2 minute intervals I was averaging out at 0.30 of a mile which was a good pace, I knew I had more to give in the 98% but we were doing 10 sets so I wanted to keep the same throughout. Its a great feeling know you can kick on, hope I can use it in my next race. It was important to keep jogging in my recovery (1 minute)  so I could keep momentum and keep my heart rate in the training zone.


From the heart rate graph it looks like I took it easy on set 4 and 9, as my heart rate has dipped considerably to all the other sets.

Todays session

Duration 01 03 37
Distance 5.66 miles
Calories 745
Average HR 166BPM
Max HR 178BPM
Average Pace 07.21
Best Pace 05.16



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...