Fins Where Have You Been All My Life

What a completely different session to last week, after a stressful day in work I was ready for this swim and I was determined to complete 2500 meters, and guess what I did!

The session today was spilt into the following sets:

1 x 500 meters frestyle
1 x 500 meters fins
1 x 500 meters frestyle
1 x 500 meters fins
1 x 250 meters frestyle
1 x 250 meters pull buoy

This was the first time I've used fins and it was great, it really helped my kick. I classify myself as a lazy kicker when it comes to swimming and putting my fins on has helped me to remember to kick with them on and off. My 500 meters with fins was considerably quicker than without, the only downfall with fins that after swimming 500 meters it felt like I was on the verge of getting cramp in my legs. I'm sure this will die down the more I complete with the fins.

I had the lane to myself all session so I could concentrate on keeping my arms one each side of the line at the bottom of the pool which is great for me as im crossing the right arm quite badly, so this was great to practise all evening too.

It was a great stress releaver and im ready for work tomorrow stress free!

Roll on next weeks swim.

Todays session

Duration 00 50 00
Distance 2500m

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...