Cyprus Training - Water I Need Water

Wow! That was one hot run! As I had my rest day yesterday I was keen to get out there and get a hard work out completed... And that's what I did.

I did an endurance run which was:

5 x (5mins 95% & 3mins 80% recovery)

Endurance run it was, it was boiling and it felt like each 5 minute set was getting longer, and each 3 minute recovery set was getting short and I'm sure my clothes.. well my race bib was getting heavier as I was sweating loads. I kept on running past the same bloke on each set and he was watering his plants and its times like these o wish I spoke Greek as I was dying for him to spray the hose on me to cool me off!



I've never run in such heat before so it was nice to experience what a race in typical hot climates is like and I think if I was lucky enough to race abroad I would have to go to the location a week before hand to acclimatise and also to make it a long holiday too.

To finish the set I got into the pool for a cool down and it was like having a ice bath compared to standing around in the heat, it even took my breath away but it was an amazing recovery feeling to get in instant cooling all over my body.

Todays session

Duration 00 36 26
Distance 4.62 miles
Calories 653
Average HR 163 BPM
Max HR 179 BPM
Average Pace 08.09
Best Pace 05.44

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...