A Dark Bike Sprint Session

Its been a while since I've done this sprint session, I really need to work on my biking, I definitely dont so enough biking and its definitely going to effect my racing. I have decided that im going to purchase that turbo trainer but I cant see me affording it till next month after all these races at I've got planned till Christmas.

This is a simple session of bike sprints.


I managed 11 repartitions before my legs got to heavy to peddle, but I still had to peddle home all up hill may I add. I worked hard when I had to in the sprint sections, maxing out my heart rate at 162 BPM but my average heart rate was quite low at only 127 BPM.


This session is a lonely one, as you dont see many people, but its a nice place away from the traffic and you can cycle the racing line. I dont think I'll be able to do many of these after work from today as the nights are starting to get dark quite early which is a shame, but roll on the turbo training.


I managed a maximum speed of 27.8 MPH which is pretty quick for me on the flat, I wish I could go that quick in some of my races and on the sprint legs I was averaging over1.20 for the half mile distance.

Todays session

Duration 01 05 45
Distance 15.91 miles
Calories 910
Average HR 127BPM
Max HR 167 BPM
Average Speed 15.4MPH
Top Speed 27.8MPH

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...