Day 22 - Saturday, Where Have You Gone?

Today has just disappeared and its a blimp in my memory. Today me and the wife got up early-ish and went to our friends to pick up the road bikes. They have been good enough to lend us there "spare" bikes to get started with. I've always had an off road bike to I'm new to this road bike thing. It was like learning to ride a bike again for the first time, I cant get used to leaning forward and keeping low. It was hard enough learning forward and look where I was going... I couldn't even  find the brakes.. ARRGGHHH!!!





















I had a little play on the bike but I just don't know if I can get into it, I'm in to minds to by some slicked for the off road bike, its very light and I know how the gears work I'm very comfortable on it so I'm going to get a price for this option.

Tonight it was my first session in the pool with the new triathlon club, and just like a Thursday nights they were very welcome. I knew some of the people in the lane I was swimming in from running on Thursday. They are always very encouraging and always happy to chat to you. That's what Ive missed when Ive been training on my own. They have asked if I will run for the club tomorrow in the last cross country race of the winter season its only 5 miles and it will push me over my 100 miles for Janothon. But I do love my Sunday lie ins and I'm up early for work in the week... I'll see what the morning brings as the race starts at 10am.

But back to tonight, the session was 1800 meters, it was meant to be a 2000 meter session but we ran out of time, I find it really hard using the kick float so I think I'm going to have to work on that in my own session on a Tuesday. I did work hard tonight as I wanted to impress on my first showing, and as a treat my wife and I had a Chinese on the way home! Yummy!

Todays session
1800 meters (4 x 100m, 8 x 50m, 1 x 50 kick float, 4 x 100m, 8 x 50m, 1 x 50 kick float, 1 x 50 backstroke, 1 x 50 kick float)
Duration 01 00 00

Comments

  1. Good swimming session - I can never remember the details of a swimming session ... I'm just so tired! Congratulations in advance for reaching 100 miles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great swimming session, and persevere with the road bike, i was like that for the first couple of outings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...