Day 30 - The Hardest Run So Far

Day 30 started by getting up early and and getting out on my scheduled run. I totally forgot I went out on the bike yesterday and never thought I would be ache and I didn't until my first step of the run. I got about quarter of a mile and it hit me... Steel legs!





















It felt like I was running in a suit of armour, I did not want to be out running in the cold and on the road. The first 2 miles were a "knight"mare. I saw one runner in front of me, about half a mile so I made a target to chase them down within 4 minutes. I beat that target and passed them in 3:05, 55 seconds before my target time was up, so I must of kicked on and got out of my "I don't want to be here" slump.

I finished todays run in a PB time so after a sluggish start I definately worked hard on the second half split of the run. We only have 1 more session to go to finish Janothon, I'm looking forward to my rest day on Wednesday...

When I got home I had 15 minutes to get showered, dressed and get the roof rack of the car as I had my 5 year olds niece's birthday party to attend.. A very important date indeed.


Todays sessions

Duration 01 07 04
Distance 7.93 miles
Calories 1127
Max HR 171 BPM

Comments

  1. I think I'm going to have legs like that tomorrow. But only one more run in Janathon. Even with steel legs it's doable. Well done for gtting a PB when feeling like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for the PB with steel legs... and for catching them and beating your target! Good luck with tomorrow. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great run, that sometimes happens, a tough start, but once warmed up a great run. Well done, 1 day to go

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a scene from the Wizard of Janathon (Oz) - well done on your pb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool that even with legs of steel you still managed a PB! Well done you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...