Brick By Brick... I'll Get There!


 After my rest day yesterday I was keen to get up early, get out there and get back and enjoy some of the day. My wife forced me to get her breakfast in bed so this delayed me to 10am before I got out, but I didnt mind as its my turn tomorrow.

I decided this brick was only going to be an hour out on the road, so I chose a local bike route and a short run. I estimated the bike was about going to be about 10 miles and the run 2-3 miles.

I dont know why but I find it alot easier to go training in the morning, I feel fresh and full of beans I've noticed recently in the evening I've felt lacking in energy and in a cant be arsed mode. But enough of the bad vibes, today felt great and as soon as I got on the bike I was ready to take on the world. The roads were relatively quiet and it felt like I was the only person on the road, I didn't have to stop to give way all the way on the route, it felt like the roads had been closed especially for me.


It wasn't raining which was great, it was darkish so I put on my light enhancing glasses and it was all bright again, I wish I could wear them everyday so every day was bright! I can tell I had a good ride as I was averaging a 15 MPH pace. I know the route wasn't full of massive uphills but enough to get my heart rate pumping into the training zone.


As soon as I got to the top of my street I dismounted correctly and mocked a transition line and trotted to the front door, key in, bike in, shoes off, trainers on, helmet off and back out I went. A quick transition for me, I had a slight jelly leg moment but nothing drastic so I'm hoping my legs are starting to get use to the switching. My first running mile was a 6 minute mile, I was amazed I had run the 1st mile off the bike so quick, I hope I can carry this form to my next event in a week. Although I only ran 2.18 miles my legs felt good, ready for my long run tomorrow.



Todays session

Duration 00 58 02
Distance 12.71
Calories

Bike


Run

Comments

  1. Well done. Great brick session. Youll do great next week

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...