Long Drive - Short Run

I was up early this morning as we needed to get down to Tenby for the Ironman training weekend, I was lucky enough just to be doing the half marathon. As we were up in Southampton a 4 hour drive was on the cards, which I wasn't looking to.





The motorway was rammed which made the journey seem longer than it normally does but I knew it was for a worthy cause at the end of the day. The Ironman training weekend started on Friday night, with the swim, the bike stage was scheduled for Saturday and the run Sunday. When we got closer to Tenby I saw a few cyclists out on the route, I didn't see any Celtic Tri vests out on the road, but I gave teh cyclists a quick toot on the horn for encouragement!

I'm looking forward to marshalling the Ironman stages in September so I can see how much it really hurts doing all the events in one day! Good luck to them.

Back to my running, as its race day on Sunday I just did a simple 2 mile run, without the Garmin. It was still very hot at 6pm so I took it steady and drank lots when I got home. I dread to think how hot its going to be on Sundays race, but the weather man is prediction showers!


Todays session

Duration 00 20 00
Distance 2.04 Miles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...