Intervals In The Sun

A lovely evening for some running, not to cold and not to hot and even the rain had stayed away. I dug out the Oakleys and met up with the club runners for a large interval session.

The session tonight was 5 x (4 min 98% Max HR, 3 Min 70% Max HR Recovery)

A good turn out for a Thursday night and as its the half Ironman distance race in the Cotswolds this weekend I was surprised. Good luck to all eh club runners for this weekend, infact good luck to all competitors doing the race. I hope next year I can join you.

As im not racing till 2 weeks time I wanted to work hard at this session, I did this session last week but only worked at 75% as I was racing on Saturday, but tonight was a different story.


I worked extremely hard during each 4 minutes, so hard that for the last minute on each occasion I was clock watching. In each recovery session I would walk the first minute to recover and then jog for the final 2 minutes, to get my heart rate ready for the 4 minutes.


Throughout the 4 minute hard session I never dropped below the 7 minute mile pace, which im really happy about. Even pushed out a under 6 minute mile pace on the first set. Also in these 4 minutes I was averaging out over 0.6 of a mile - Cracking distances!

As the wind was relatively strong I was still wearing my Skins full length tights and black underarmour, I think there going to end up being warn all summer. I wish the weather would get that little bit hotter. I've been looking at new compression gear, especially for my calf recovery. I have been recommended CompressSport supports, I can wear then under my wetsuit while racing and wear them for training. If I can afford it I'll get a pair for each workout (race & training) Anyone else use them please let me know your advice.


Todays session

Duration 01 01 54
Distance 5.60 miles
Calories 721
Average HR 161BPM
Max HR 182
Best Pace 04:49 min mile
Average Pace 07:42 min mile

Comments

  1. Hey Juneathoner!
    We’ve been following your progress and reading your blog and we think you’re amazing. It’s coming up to the final few days and we’d love to send you some of our products to help fuel you through the final stages a lot more comfortably.
    Please email your delivery details to: energy@orbana.com
    All the best,
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...