Swimming Inside - Borring But Atleast I Can See The Bottom!

I had an unexpected rest day Tuesday as I picked my wife up from working away in Switzerland for the past 2 weeks so it was lovely to spend the evening with her.

I switched the swim day from Tuesday to Wednesday which unfortunately meant it was indoors in the pool.  Its been a while since I swam in the pool so it would be a change from swimming in my suit in the local lake. I decided that I was going to keep the set simple and double up each time on each set.

So this worked out as:

1 x 250m, 1 x 500m, 1 x 750m and finished with a 250m warm down = 1750 meter swim

The pool was its general empty self as I remember, same faces and same club swimming in the next set of lanes. Those kids must work hard, the make me look im swimming backwards.

When I used to get in the pool before I have been completing the lake swims I used to think that 1000 meters was daunting in the pool and how can I ever swim that far but last night seem so easy. Apart from the tired arms I could have kept on going. It is annoying that you have to stop and push off the end of the pool and complete tumble turns, in the lake its none of this stopping stuff and you get a good rhythm in the stroke and with your breathing.

As I've been struggling with my arm crossing my body after the stroke, so I was recommended that I try a wider arm stroke. I was doing this every 5th 25meter. I had to keep an eye out for other swimmer though as I didnt want to end up whacking one in the face, and one of the other swimmers in my lane was my wife so that's the last thing I want to do!





Todays Session

Duration 00 45 00
Distance 1750 meters

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...