Easy Hat Run

Winter is definitely here, this session was the first hat run for the year. I didn't wear the hat to stop the sun, it was to keep the heat in as it was blowing a gale outside and the temperature has dropped considerably in the past week. I did stay warm on my run thanks to the hat but I dont think im ready for the gloves just yet.

As im racing on Sunday I decided to do a taper run, my normal route just take it slow and drop my pace to over 8 minute mile pace. I averaged out 151 BPM on my heart rate which is low for me and this is what I wanted to achieve on this run.


After having the weekend off from training I was keen to get a good set in and this was just the ticket, the road was all mine apart from the cars but im in high viz now as its now dusk so im looking for anew route again because there are too many nutters out there oblivious to us runners.

I want to be in the best shape possible for the race on Sunday, so im not over training. I've got a sport massage arranged for Wednesday evening before my swim and then a light run scheduled for Thursday and rest days Friday and Saturday.

Todays session

Duration 00 51 10
Distance 6.07 miles
Calories 843
Average HR 151 BPM
Max HR 172 BPM
Average Pace 8.25
Best Pace 4.43

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...