I've Lost My Spinning Virginity

Well I've lost it, and it was a brilliant session!

Its new to me and new to some triathlon club members so this was our first experience of spinning, and it happened to be an advanced class! I was really surprised as I thought we would be broken in gently... No chance!

The class was for 45 minutes and I can honestly say I worked as hard as I could for the whole session. I was soaked through by the end of the session and the towel I brought with me you could ring out I had worked that hard... YUK!.

We had to find our base level, a level hard enough to get the RPM above 60 but relaxed enough for you to catch you breath and give your legs a break.

My base level was 8 and most of the session was completed between the gears 10-18, I enjoyed getting out the saddle and finding the rhythm, keeping my heels down and that's something I can remember when im out climbing hills next triathlon season.

The session was completed with a mixture of music everything from pure cheese to dance tracks which I really enjoyed but we had to finish the session with a 2 mile sprint, and this was to the Benny Hill music.. That hurt my legs and my ears!

I must of enjoyed it, as when I managed to get off the bike and down the stairs I forked out for next weeks session so roll on next week.

Todays session

Duration 00 45 00
Distance 22 miles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...