A Stiff Post Half Marathon Run

I was ready for this session tonight, I've enjoyed the days off since the race, I should have done a little swim on Wednesday but due to work commitments it never happened. The set tonight was a good one to get into a rhythm and I get some quality sets in.

The session was: 8 x (2min 98% and 2mins 75% recovery)

The first 4 sets for me were great, legs felt a little tight but nothing to worry about, lungs we great, I worked at a high intensity. On the 5th set I felt my groin start to tighten, so in my recovery 2 minutes I stopped to do some stretching, it eased some of the tightness so it helped me to carry on but I toned down the speed but kept the intensity high.



I managed to keep the pace of under 8 minutes, and I stopped twice to stretch, so this isn't a true reflection of my pacing, but im still happy. My best pace was 04.49 which was great after the half marathon on Sunday. I kept the work rate high, maxing at heart rate of 186 BPM, which is high for these kind of sessions, but I enjoyed it.

Set 5 (Lap 9) was the only set where I dipped, but as I said above it was down to the stretching and took my foot of the pace, but I kept working hard.

I'm sure I'll be stiff in the legs on Friday so I'll hit the pool for a recovery swim.

Todays session

Duration 00 50 24
Distance 4.80
Calories 637
Average HR 167 BPM
Max HR 186 BPM
Average Pace 07.59
Best Pace 4.59

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...