400's Everybody Loves 400's... Apart From 5 Of Them!

Its Tuesday, which can only mean one thing, its fish and chips for dinner... No.. :( Its a swim day!

I had decided that I was going to keep it simple again tonight, just like last week. The set tonight was 5 x 400m with 1 minute rest between sets. As a lot of the sprint triathlons this year are between 400 to 750 meters and I wanted to see ho my body can cope with the distances. Will my arms fall off or my legs seize up?

I think I coped pretty well with the distances, as tonights total swim was 2000 meters, I was tired by the last set and my stroke had totally gone to pot, and I found myself closing my eyes on the last 100 meters, so I could tell I was tired and just wanted to finish. My wife just flies past me in the pool, she makes it look so easy, I reckon she cheats.. some how?

I ordered some new goggles yesterday as I cant find my old ones, I seem to have miss placed them, but im not to worry as they were about 8 years old and started to leak. My new ones are Zoggs Predators - HERE so I hope they live up to the price tag and the reviews I've read on the net. I'll keep you posted.

There was only 3 of us in the swim lane tonight so it was easy to complete the sets with minimal interruption and waiting for people to go in front or wait to over take. I've noticed the same bloke in our lane each week now for the past 4 weeks, he has loads of body hair and he reminds me of a bear! Can bears swim... This one can!



Todays session

Duration 01 00 00
Distance 2000 meters

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...