New Hat, New Googles, Old Stroke!

Hurray, my new goggles arrived and today was the day I would test them! I've never worn a swim hat so I thought I would give that a whirl to as you have to wear them in events these days.

After the long drive home from Southampton, I was keen to get into the pool for the evenings session at 6pm. I had thought of the set on the drive home, I wanted to swim 2000m meters so...

1 x 400m, 2 x 200m, 4 x 100m, 8 x 50m, 1 x 400m

The lane at the pool was once again very empty and this is always a good sign as you can do the sets without interruption or having to wait for inconsiderate swimmers. I really concentrated on my arms at the session, and remembering what my wife said about stroking your hip on the way past so you keep your arms straight and not cross your body when you finish the stroke. I think im getting a little better but I've still got a long way to go. I think the slower I go the crapper the stroke looks, I did one or two sprints over the 50 meters and to be fair I think I didn't look that bad...

I really liked the new goggles, so if you are looking to upgrade get a pair of the Predators, I linked them in the previous post, I could get used to wearing the swim hat to, even though my head did hurt a little after wearing it I suppose i could get used to it. I wonder if I wear it running I'll go faster...



Todays session

Duration 01 00 00
Distance 2000 meters

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...