VO2 Max Session & Wooden Legs

When I got home from work my legs were still stiff from last nights run, I could feel the tightness on the walk home, and I was telling myself thank god its a rest day tomorrow, I totally forget we had a massive set on tonight, and my bloody rest day in Sunday and not Friday as I'm on week 2 of the training plan!

The set was 7 x (2m H, 1m R, 1m H, 30sec R, 30 Sec H, 30 Sec R) H=Hard R=Recovery and with already tired legs I was dreading the session. 


I got changed and off we went to the meet the other club runners, We turned up and the numbers looked a little low, we did contemplate driving past the car park and go back home, as 1) I was tired, 2) it was cold and 3)  My legs felt like they were made of wood. We didn't drive past we stopped and I was glad I didn't as it was a great set.





After the mile warm up, some of the muscle stiffness lightened in my legs and when the whistle went for the first set, I felt good.

Here is the spilt times for the set - Splits

Todays session

Duration 00 58 52
Distance 6.12 miles
Calories 787
Max HR 180BPM

Comments

  1. Great running Martyn, especially when your legs felt so tired to begin with. I know the feeling of tired legs at the moment very well! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...