Morning Exercise, Better Than Evening Exercise?

I've been tired all week, well my legs are starting to "twang" so my scheduled rest day, turned into a medium bike. This was planned for Sunday but as im off to a wedding tomorrow, tomorrow is now going to be my rest day, so I've got a Run on Sunday when I get back from Stroud... all very confusing.



I did set my alarm for 6am this morning but that got turned off and I went back to sleep. I had planned to get up early and get out on the bike and come back early so I have some of the day. I got up at 7:30 instead and logged into my work laptop and address some of the outstanding issues in my inbox from the week. After 3 hours of emails I decided to take an early lunch and get out on my bike for a quick ride. I decided the route would go through the woods so I left the mountain bike tyres on the Felt and headed out. The first thing I noticed was that it was still cold outside so remembered to put on my gloved before I left the house. After cycling for about 10 minutes my head, ears and whole face was freezing, I think I might have to purchase one of the snoods (I think there called, you see those footballers wearing them) I did called them a bunch of big girls, but now I think I feel there pain. I peddled faster to build up some sweat which made the pain in my face go away.

There were a lot of people out walking today so I had to stay vigilant, going through the  forest was brilliant, there were a lot of puddles so I got covered in mud and thank god I was wearing my Oakleys otherwise I would of had an eye full of mud. The bike was stinking dirty, so she needed a clean when I got home, I don't mind cleaning the bike, a labour of love I think.

I did notice that y gears were slipping slightly so I made a flying visit on the way home to the local bike expert who got some posh bike tools out and put my lovely orange bike on the stand, 5 minutes later he was all done and said it was slight out.... what ever that means... so I now owe him a cup of coffee as payment. Apart from that the bike is handling like a dream, looking forward to racing on it even though its a mountain bike, its a light aluminium frame and the gears are now "slick" again!

I definitely felt better for training in the morning, rather in the evening so I might start getting up early to do my training rather than waiting till I get home after work.

Woohooo! Rest day tomorrow so see you Sunday

Todays session

Duration 00 44 29 (which included a stop at the tech bike man house)
Distance 8.19 miles
Calories 525
Max HR 151 BPM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...