Deep Breathing Swimming... Maybe Not!

Tuesday is the normal swim night so I geared my self for a tough swimming set. I had planned to do my normal set of:

50m Drag 50m Stretch 50m Catchup 50m 1 arm - 4 x 100m Freestyle 8 x 50m Freestyle - 100m Pull Buoy - 4 x 100m Freestyle 8 x 50m Freestyle= 1900meters

And I completed my set tonight, I was chuffed but I know my stroke has got alot worse. I decided to do the 100 sets in 3 and 5 strokes, so all my concentration went all on that, so I already knew it was going to be messy. The pool was once again pretty quiet so it was easy-ish to turn my head and not have a mouth full of water as there wasn't much wake in the pool, unlike last week where I pictured myself as one of those deep sea divers with a big pipe hanging out my mouth so I could get some air in my lungs.






I'm going to ask my wife (as she is the swimmer) to do me some more sets so I can concentrate on the simple stuff, which would be my stroke and leave the difficult stuff, which would be different breathing to another day. This time next week I should have hopefully completed a new set and I'm sat here writing about it. I also purchased some new SPD peddles for my bike, I got them fitted tonight, so I need to try them out sharpish. Fingers crossed I can get home early enough to get out for an hour before the night falls one night this week.


Todays session


Duration 01 00 00
Distance 1900 meters

Comments

  1. Nice job on the swimming, it's great to see the progress you're making with it... and hope you manage to get out on that bike

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...