Light... But Hard Session

Well its arrived, my first club session that started and ended in the daylight on a Thursday evening! No need to for street lights, but it was a killer of a session.

The session was 3 x 5 minutes at 90% HR with 4 minute recovery at 80% and then 90 seconds at 98% with 60 seconds recovery.

I averaged out at 0.75 miles per 5 minutes which I found really hard, running at that intensity for 5 minutes was a killer. I couldn't wait for for the recovery 4 minutes. This table shows my splits during the session.


I had to walk in the recovery zone in laps 8, 10 and 12. I was complete knackered. I put on my rain running jacket as before I left the house we had a heavy shower and the sky looked like more rain was to come. Thankfully no more rain came but my jacket was drenched due to amount of sweat I lost during the session.

...Yuk!

It did work hard as my heart rate got up to 190BPM, it hasn't been that high for a while!


I only got one more session left this week, Its been a tough month on my legs and im in two minds what to do for the last session of the week, hills, or a long run. I'll sleep on it and decide tomorrow!

Todays session

Duration 00 56 15
Distance 5.45 Miles
Calories 706
Max HR 190BPM

Comments

  1. I'm not surprised you were knakered... that's one tough session... I'm always impressed thought when I read what you've put yourself through!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...