Running In A Field...

Not a field with cattle, just Swansea University fields, which there are about 8 football pitches, 2 cricket pitches and 2 rugby pitches, so a large field to say the least.

We did just over half a mile warm up (0.7 of a mile) and then we decided the set, which was 12 minutes, 8 minutes and 4 minutes, with 1 minute recovery in between each set. Not a very social session, but a good one one the less.

On the 12 minutes set, I tried my best not to look at my watch and chase the man down in front of me, I managed to do this for about 10 minutes, then I looked at my watch and for some reason slowed down? Does looking at your watch make you run slower, if it does then I plan to leave it at home from now on. At the 12 minute mark I was welcoming the "STOP" shout from one of the group. I was knackered! And to make things worse I forgot to press lap on my watch making my timings a right old mish mash!.

When the 8 minute set kicked off, we turned around and went the opposite way, and it was like I was running in treacle (AGAIN) I don't know what it was but it was so much harder running the other way. I tried to focus on something else and there was a footie game going on in the centre pitch, one of the strikers scored a cracking header so that took some of my concentration watching that and took the focus off my legs. After messing about with the buttons on my watch I had totally messed up the times by now and to make things worse I stopped at 7 minutes and not 8 so that really destroyed my set, I got over taken by one of the lads chasing me down and I broke the rhythm I had. So I had to trot on for another minute. You can see where I stopped and had to start again on the below chart at 3.5 miles.


The last set of minutes was a hard old set to finish on, but I did it. I didn't catch the other runners, but it was a good set. To finish we did 15 yard sprints, 8, 6, 4 and 2. I still have some sharpness left in my legs from my rugby days. If we run on that field again I might take my boots along and see if I can get a game of footie!

Todays session

Duration 00 42 15
Distance 4.94
Calories 663
Max HR 170 BPM


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 - The End Of Janothon, The Start Of Something Else...

Day 21 - I Love Rest Runs But, I Hate Chavs

Lovely Lake Laps.. Hippo Like...